Taseko - Gibraltar GDPC Conveyor System
Mueller Electric performed the complete Gibraltar GDP3 refurbishment, installation and commissioning of the Conveyor Electrical Installation at the Gibraltar Mine Site. Working on tight time lines and budgets we completed the project on time and on budget. As with all projects Mueller provided the client with a flawless startup.
The project entailed
- Installation and commissioning of medium voltage and low voltage conveyor power MCC’s / PDC’s and control systems.
- Extension of existing conveyor system via fabrication a new head ends and transfer towers
- Installation of a new 66 inch conveyor system complete with 4160 volt drives
- Installation and testing of all devices
- Lighting Stanchion, Tunnel & Emergency
- Instrumentation Installation
- Assembly of manufactures 5KV switchgear components to mirror existing.
- PLC and DCS Modifications
- New Sub-panels
- Project Red Lines
Taseko – Gibraltar GDP3 Project Site Fibre Optic Trunk Infrastructure
Mueller completed the site Fibre Optic trunk using a air blown fibre system. This project was one of the first projects using this technology in the mining industry. As an approved Sumitimo Fiber Installer we were able to provide our customer with a complete process and communications network. This new system will allow our client ease of future change capability for the life of the facility. As with all projects Mueller provided the client with a flawless startup.
- Installation of 4” Galvanized Conduits and supports through out the site including the Primary Crusher No. 2, Secondary crushing, #1 concentrator, reclaim water, Primary Power distribution and Metering, #2 Concentrator General, #2 Concentrator Grinding, #2 Concentrator Tailing, Reagents, Moly Plant and overland conveying.
- Installation of all fibre optic tube cables and fibber bundles in all areas
- Connection and termination of all fibre optic infrastructure.
- Installation of patch cords and fibre panel terminations
- Testing of all fibre optic installations to ensure signal quality and optical integrity.
- Fibre Splicing
Mueller Electric installed a complete grinding circuit sag mill at the Gibraltar Mine site as part of its first expansion. Our crews worked during the winter months and complete project on tight timelines. As with all projects Mueller provided the client with a flawless start-up.
- Temporary power
- Grounding and bonding of new building
- Overhead, tunnel and area task lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Cable tray design and install
- New 4160/600v MCC, PDC and control room
- Overhead Crane 50 Ton
- Hydraulic lifting/lube system
- Custom Buss work for 4160 volt 6500hp motor feeders
- Conveyor system infeed, outfeed, pebble and magnet belt
- Prefabricate Reactor Hoods
- Horn, signal, fibre and communication data loops
- Distribution feed pumps and sump pumps
- Transformer installations 4160/600V
- Fire alarm system
- Heat Trace